This institution has been promoting gender equity for establishing ethics and equity among the dental personnel in the institute. It is depicted through the various programmes conducted annually for past five years.
Summary report of Annual gender equity sensitization programmes year wise:
- In the annual event of the college named- OCCLUSION -2016, the staff of the Department of Prosthodontics performed a Dance act on the Government’s popular campaign- “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao”.
- There was an act by a group of PG students which laid emphasis of the topic of women empowerment.
- There were 205 participants in the event
- On the occasion of Women’s Day, a lecture was organized on – BREAST CANCER AWARENESS which was attended by the female staff and PG students of the institute
- There were 68 attendees in the event
- 8/1/18- The IMA-woman Doctor’s Wing arranged an All-Women’s Conference named-EVECON with various lectures emphasizing on women health.
- There were 33 women participants from GDCH, Ahmedabad
- 15/9/18- A calcium and osteoporosis screening camp was organized for all the women of GDCH at Paraplegia Hospital, Civil Campus.
- On the occasion of Women’s Day on 8th March, the women staff of GDCH celebrated the day by organising a Zumba fitness dance emphasizing the importance of physical activity among women. (7/3/19)
- There were 42 attendees in the event
- No gatherings due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- GDCH was one of the Covid vaccination centres and all the class 4 of the institute who are majority females were not only made aware of the importance of vaccination, but were also vaccinated with both the doses and also their vaccination certificates were downloaded and provided to them, the number of participants being 27
- October 2021- a lecture by Dietician and Nutritionist –Dr. Gunjan Chauhan. Total number of attendees were 71.
- December 2021- a lecture by Dr. Shital Punjabi on menopausal changes in females. Total number of attendees were 85.
- March 2022- On the occasion on International Women’s Day on 8th March, all the female staff of the institute celebrated the day with great enthusiasm.
- We had invited a renowned Odissi Dancer, author and a doctorate in Arts for lecture which was followed by her performance too.The staff also had some fun games which were played with active participation by all the ladies. Total number of attendees were 43.
- 31st May 2022 - No Tobbaco Day Celebration at Oral Medicine and Radiology Department GDCH